Thursday, September 9, 2010

time marches on...

In all my years... okay, I really haven't had that many years...I'm only 25...

But in all my years, time has never moved as fast as it does now. It seems like I blinked, and suddenly I've graduated college, gotten married (and been married 8 months), worked a full year at my new job, watched my brother and sister grow up... and it seems like just yesterday I graduated high school... suddenly we're all old.

It makes me a little sad and I'm absolutely horrible with change!! I'm always pining for something in the past, or looking forward to the next season or special occasion. I wish I was always content with right now...

For the first time I have understood why Friday feels so good. Its because I am a grown up and work a grown up job. (hooray!! tomorrow is friday!) :)

For the first time I have understood that you probably can't live out of your parent's house "happily/steadily" with a waiting table or retail job if you want to live with money in the bank, insurance (car and health), bills paid, groceries in your fridge, a little fun money left over, and want to do it alone, without the the help of your parents!

For the first time I've realized that I thought I was overwhelmed with college... but its NOTHING like real life. I'm lucky to have a husband who picks up after me, but chores, laundry, dishes, grocery shopping, working, attempting to go to the gym, spending time with both sides of the family... its crazy to keep up with it all.

I also always thought to the future of when I would be "grown up" and have my own things, my own place and meet my husband... but its kind of funny, because really it all just meshes into one big huge long chapter of your life... it never seems like one closes and another begins.

Time marches on, and that's a good thing. I know Andy and I are going to have the happiest marriage pretty much ever! :) I know my family will always be close, no matter where they are. My siblings are my best friends. I know I am so thankful for the up bringing that my parents gave to me... not all children have that. I know that I am very very blessed person, and I give thanks every day for that.

...But I know that I will always be a little sad because time moves so darn fast.

No comments: